Sunday 23 August 2009

In equal scale weighing delight and dole

Which would you like first: the good news or the bad news?

Well, I'm afraid you're bound by my ordering. I'm not psychic, you know.

Every post needs to open with some kind of positivity (it's an unwritten blogging axiom (probably)), so to begin with, I'd like to point out that you can now delete objects in ExeSketch. The code is far fr
om beautiful, but it works, and that's all that really matters - certainly when there's only one person working on the code. If you'd like to gaze upon its awesomosity, you can check it out at the Launchpad page (changes since the last version of the code are highlighted). As well as this, I modified main.cpp to handle F-key events and things like page up and home. The code can be seen on the same page (scroll up!).

Now, on the more ill-inclined surface of this two-sided post, a rather problematic bug has sprung up. W
hen the window is maximised, the display is immediately stretched and mouse clicks no longer hit the parts of the screen they should. Restoring does not solve the problem; indeed, it makes it worse, as the display then shrinks and the mouse clicks hit targets even further from those aimed at. The problem is illustrated in the image to the right (click to view it full-size).

The bug report can be found here. I'll update that page with any progress I make, but at the moment the problem is looking close to unsolvable, unfortunately (unlike a similar problem with minimising which was fixed with one line of code). I'll see what I can do though.

And on that negative note, I end. That's the difficulty with two-sided coins: you either start badly (breaking the ExeSoft Blogging Law) or end badly. And in this case, I choose the latter. However, all is not lost: click here to regain your former joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment