Monday 21 January 2008

The superawesome menu of awesomeness!

Finally, the main menu is complete. And I have to say, I'm incredibly proud of how it turned out! Take a look for yourself:

Unfortunately, a screenshot can't do it proper justice - that's not just a cloudy background image you see there, it's actually four layers of fully animated clouds moving in real-time with the text in between them. And the options at the bottom aren't static either; move your mouse to the right-hand side of the screen and they'll all slide over to the left to reveal the options on the right.

All this has resulted in a 250-line file, making the main menu module the largest module in the entire engine - larger even than the level controller! It's been incredibly complicated to program all the effects and get them running at a reasonable speed, but I can honestly say it was worth the effort.

Anyway, I'm off to spend the next few days patting myself on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment